DSLR Stabilizer Antique?
March 17, 2010
Don’t count out the Steadicam Jr.! This design might be old, but it’s the same basic principle as the latest Merlin going for $800 dollars. I picked up the Steadicam JR as my first Stabilizer for around $118 dollars for my Canon 5D Mark II. Remember these things were designed to fly VHS Cameras (heavy). In fact, the Gimbal that is used on the Steadicam Merlin IS THE EXACT same Gimbal design on the old Steadicam Jr. You can find Steadicam Jr’s at auction for dirt cheap if you look hard enough. Check out these Steadicam Jr’s on eBay. Click Here.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Tery Wilson on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Alex on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Gordon on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Digital Dub on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- JKPinPDX on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Hawkeye Pierce on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Barry on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording