DJI Phantom GoPro Quadcopter w/ Sony RX100 MOD
January 16, 2013
Just showing a quick video of me setting up the DJI Phantom Quadcopter designed specifically for the GoPro Hero cameras. The directions are a little weird, but I got through the user manual and was able to get it off the ground in less than an hour. The Phantom is Ready-To-Fly with no setup required except for a few AA batteries in the remote. Once you place the battery into the Phantom you go through a series of system calibrations and then off you go. Though many will not consider this a professional Quadcopter – THIS IS STILL NOT A TOY.
Video sample of GoPro Hero3 with Phantom
I’ve already modified a special mount for the Sony RX100 Camera because it has better video quality than the GoPro and built in Image Stabilization. I basically took an old GoPro mount and modified it with a little hacksaw. It fits natively to the Phantom, and the right angle mounts under the RX100 (upside down). The camera is short enough so that it doesn’t touch the ground as the Phantom lands.
The test flight was a success and the Phantom has no issues carrying the Sony RX100. It’s dark right now so I don’t have anything worth showing, but tomorrow i’ll try to give her a test flight in an open field and share some of that footage. You can find the DJI Phantom Quadcopter following the link via eBay (click here).
DJI Phantom GoPro Quadcopter Kit GPS + NAZA-M – eBay
If you’re lucky and they are still in stock, the DJI Phantom Quadcopter Ready-to-Fly kits are also available via Amazon (click here)
DJI Phantom QuadCopter for GoPro Video Cameras – Amazon
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera