One of the things that we’ve been working on for the past few weeks is a motorized, wirelessly controlled Cable Cam a.k.a. Skycam. These rigs fly a camera seamlessly across any distance using a rope line. Under the Cable Cam is a pan-tilt head to maneuver the camera position. We should have started the test without the camera mounted, and needless to say we’ve got a few bugs to work out!!
The problem we ran into was using a cheap Traxxas Remote and Receiver (old crystal type). There was too much interference that caused the motor to go out of control. After replacing our remote and receiver with a much more expensive 2.4GHZ version, we were outdoors flying our rig with no problems. Once we have the prototype finalized, we’ll get this sucker into production and at the most affordable cost than any other motorized cable cam system on the market. I’m sure this will be something everyone will be excited about….
Cable-Cam Prototype (can’t show you too much…)
Here’s an idea of the type of footage you can achieve with Cable Cam type systems (video below)
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- James Westray on Flycam Nano, Flycam Nano DSLR, Flycam 3000
- Emm on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- Dez on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- Emm on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera
- Emm on Record Backup Audio Tracks with the ALZO 3.5 Female to XLR Stereo Adapter Cord
- Tom on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera
- Tim Choi (Varavon) on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera
- Pudge on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video