One of the things that we’ve been working on for the past few weeks is a motorized, wirelessly controlled Cable Cam a.k.a. Skycam. These rigs fly a camera seamlessly across any distance using a rope line. Under the Cable Cam is a pan-tilt head to maneuver the camera position. We should have started the test without the camera mounted, and needless to say we’ve got a few bugs to work out!!
The problem we ran into was using a cheap Traxxas Remote and Receiver (old crystal type). There was too much interference that caused the motor to go out of control. After replacing our remote and receiver with a much more expensive 2.4GHZ version, we were outdoors flying our rig with no problems. Once we have the prototype finalized, we’ll get this sucker into production and at the most affordable cost than any other motorized cable cam system on the market. I’m sure this will be something everyone will be excited about….
Cable-Cam Prototype (can’t show you too much…)
Here’s an idea of the type of footage you can achieve with Cable Cam type systems (video below)
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Robert_Ob on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Archie on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Jerome Demers on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- Steve on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Paul on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Mydaddy on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Darren Levine on Digislider Motion Control Time Lapse Motorized Slider Kit Demo
- Darren Levine on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens