I want to say when these things were first released they were over $200 dollars. Ridiculous pricing if all you plan to fly is a cell phone. They have since dropped down in price, and while they are listed at about $180 dollars elsewhere, this month they’re on sale at B&H (click here). Not bad if you could possibly do much more with it.
[Update] here’s the video
With one of the smoothest Gimbals on any stabilizer ever, I decided to pick one up and see if it can be pushed to carry much more than a small GoPro. So far the Gimbal is made with a metal bearing, and the frame is mostly a lightweight metal. If it’s possible to modify the frame to add more weights, then you’re looking at an ultra smooth Gimbal on a Merlin-like stabilizer for almost 5 times cheaper than the Merlin itself.
[Update] It’s been Modified here: http://cheesycam.com/diy-steadicam-smoothee-mod-cheesycam-baby-merlin/
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Minu on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Emm on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Daniel Hughes on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Samuel on Opteka FFR-900 Motorized Follow Focus Zoom Control
- Jonas on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Emm on 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers Now with Auto Tuning PID Settings Firmware Upgrade
- osiris Majestic on 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers Now with Auto Tuning PID Settings Firmware Upgrade
- Emm on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video