Bump This! GoPro LP-E6 Battery Powered Cage
August 20, 2013
Have you ever ‘Bumped’ a Project? Well I guess there’s a first time for everyone. It’s a step towards answering the question ‘How do you know when a good idea is really a good idea?” The concept is simple. A project/product is presented and if enough people think it’s a good idea then it moves into actual manufacturing.
We’ll get more into that later, but for now check out this CagePro – A GoPro Hero3 LP-E6 Battery Powered Cage.
The CagePro houses a GoPro Hero3 camera using the skeleton case and plans to use an LP-E6 battery (yes a Canon DSLR battery) inserted into the cage to power up the Hero3 over a USB cable hidden inside of the casing. More battery juice is great for extending the run time when shooting video, and when working with time lapse photo projects. The concept has been proven and working prototypes are already in use (seen here).
It’s close to reality, but to drive this project over to manufacturing, it doesn’t require funding, deposits, or any type of obligation. All it takes is a bit of social feedback from you in the form of a Like or Tweet, a ‘Bump’ if you will.
So what do you guys think about this product? Hit or miss? BTW, you can possibly win a CagePro simply by leaving a comment over at the project page.
If you’d like to see this for sale on the market, check it out at http://www.photographyandcinema.com/pages/cagepro.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Tery Wilson on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Alex on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Gordon on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Digital Dub on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- JKPinPDX on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Hawkeye Pierce on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Barry on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording