Bump This! GoPro LP-E6 Battery Powered Cage
August 20, 2013
Have you ever ‘Bumped’ a Project? Well I guess there’s a first time for everyone. It’s a step towards answering the question ‘How do you know when a good idea is really a good idea?” The concept is simple. A project/product is presented and if enough people think it’s a good idea then it moves into actual manufacturing.
We’ll get more into that later, but for now check out this CagePro – A GoPro Hero3 LP-E6 Battery Powered Cage.
The CagePro houses a GoPro Hero3 camera using the skeleton case and plans to use an LP-E6 battery (yes a Canon DSLR battery) inserted into the cage to power up the Hero3 over a USB cable hidden inside of the casing. More battery juice is great for extending the run time when shooting video, and when working with time lapse photo projects. The concept has been proven and working prototypes are already in use (seen here).
It’s close to reality, but to drive this project over to manufacturing, it doesn’t require funding, deposits, or any type of obligation. All it takes is a bit of social feedback from you in the form of a Like or Tweet, a ‘Bump’ if you will.
So what do you guys think about this product? Hit or miss? BTW, you can possibly win a CagePro simply by leaving a comment over at the project page.
If you’d like to see this for sale on the market, check it out at http://www.photographyandcinema.com/pages/cagepro.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC