Have you ever ‘Bumped’ a Project? Well I guess there’s a first time for everyone. It’s a step towards answering the question ‘How do you know when a good idea is really a good idea?” The concept is simple. A project/product is presented and if enough people think it’s a good idea then it moves into actual manufacturing.
We’ll get more into that later, but for now check out this CagePro – A GoPro Hero3 LP-E6 Battery Powered Cage.
The CagePro houses a GoPro Hero3 camera using the skeleton case and plans to use an LP-E6 battery (yes a Canon DSLR battery) inserted into the cage to power up the Hero3 over a USB cable hidden inside of the casing. More battery juice is great for extending the run time when shooting video, and when working with time lapse photo projects. The concept has been proven and working prototypes are already in use (seen here).
It’s close to reality, but to drive this project over to manufacturing, it doesn’t require funding, deposits, or any type of obligation. All it takes is a bit of social feedback from you in the form of a Like or Tweet, a ‘Bump’ if you will.
So what do you guys think about this product? Hit or miss? BTW, you can possibly win a CagePro simply by leaving a comment over at the project page.
If you’d like to see this for sale on the market, check it out at http://www.photographyandcinema.com/pages/cagepro.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- fugenie on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Roger Palmer on FotoDiox Excell+1 Nikon or Canon FD ‘Boosted’ Adapter
- Lee on PDMovie Remote Air Wireless Remote Follow Focus
- Aron J Anderson on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- FabDex on Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Solid State Deal
- Emm on Review: Laing X-15 Vest Arm kit with Laing P-04 Video Stabilizer
- Jiri K. on Review: Laing X-15 Vest Arm kit with Laing P-04 Video Stabilizer
- Bamaracas on Raydio Master iOS Professional Bluetooth Wireless Trigger