Bump This! GoPro LP-E6 Battery Powered Cage
August 20, 2013
Have you ever ‘Bumped’ a Project? Well I guess there’s a first time for everyone. It’s a step towards answering the question ‘How do you know when a good idea is really a good idea?” The concept is simple. A project/product is presented and if enough people think it’s a good idea then it moves into actual manufacturing.
We’ll get more into that later, but for now check out this CagePro – A GoPro Hero3 LP-E6 Battery Powered Cage.
The CagePro houses a GoPro Hero3 camera using the skeleton case and plans to use an LP-E6 battery (yes a Canon DSLR battery) inserted into the cage to power up the Hero3 over a USB cable hidden inside of the casing. More battery juice is great for extending the run time when shooting video, and when working with time lapse photo projects. The concept has been proven and working prototypes are already in use (seen here).
It’s close to reality, but to drive this project over to manufacturing, it doesn’t require funding, deposits, or any type of obligation. All it takes is a bit of social feedback from you in the form of a Like or Tweet, a ‘Bump’ if you will.
So what do you guys think about this product? Hit or miss? BTW, you can possibly win a CagePro simply by leaving a comment over at the project page.
If you’d like to see this for sale on the market, check it out at http://www.photographyandcinema.com/pages/cagepro.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera