Out of the box the BlackMagic Cinema Camera was not designed to be used handheld. There is also the issue of additional accessories that need mounting to this camera, so it will require some type of Rig as you begin building on the BMCC.
I’ve looked at a few BlackMagic Cinema Camera rigs via B&H (seen here), but they are either expensive or the design just doesn’t fit my fancy. From that list, I think the closest one I would consider would be the new Chest / Shoulder rigs from the Shape company (seen below)
Shape BlackMagic Cinema Camera Chest and Shoulder Rigs
Tilta has stepped up with a few BlackMagic Cinema Camera Rig Bundles (found here). This is the rig I currently have my eye on. If you’re not familiar, Tilta is an overseas brand but receives very high remarks from even top video professionals about their build and quality. Just because the equipment comes from overseas, don’t expect this to be ‘cheap’, but it is ‘cheaper’ than what other top Rig brands are currently offering.
Tilta offers bundles from small Hand Held kits to larger Professional Cinema bundles that include their dual Cinema Follow Focus, Carbon Matte Box, and more. Still out of my price range, but one of the best looking customized rigs i’ve seen for the BlackMagic so far. Check out more photos and details about the new Tilta BMCC Rigs via eBay (Click Here)
Tilta BlackMagic Cinema Camara Rig Bundles
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- stephen on New F&V LED Ring Light vs 600 LED Panel Comparison
- Emm on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Tim Naylor on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Emm on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- Michael Aers on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- David on Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Derrick on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer