Yongnuo YN-565EX ETTL Flash – Quick Review
August 24, 2011
The Yongnuo YN-565EX ETTL Flash for Canon and Nikon is so far very nice. Yongnuo has really stepped up their game with this new YN565EX, providing a solid build that feels very similar to the Canon 580EX II which is the top notch in Canon gear. Many other features only available in Canon’s top flashes are also included in the YN-565EX such as PC sync and External Power port option. For an on camera flash with Canon DSLRs, it works transparently for the average consumer. In ETTL mode, communication with the camera are recognized including Zoom Distance, Aperture, and Flash compensation. Note: This flash does not have an HSS option.
When used off camera, the flash can be set to Slave mode and triggered from a variety of Canon Master or Nikon Commander type triggers. Although you can fire the flash remotely, I need to do more testing to see if ETTL is still working wirelessly. I noticed the flash was not picking up my flash compensation, zoom, or aperture. It seems to have defaulted to a more manual mode but still fired as a slave. Maybe i’m missing something in the settings? Since this YN-565EX can be triggered through a Canon Master, this should (ideally) work to be triggered from the ‘built in’ wireless triggers from the Canon 7D and Canon 60D cameras (turn on Flash trigger in menu). I think the T3i may also have this option. In any case, the many features, build quality, and price makes this a perfect flash for on camera use, and for experienced flash photographers the manual modes ‘off camera’ work excellent too. You can find them online via eBay (click here).
Yongnuo YN-565EX Canon Speelite Flash
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- John M on NAB 2015 Dracast PLUS Series LED Light Panels
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Emm on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers
- Emm on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- seenematic on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- Matt on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Matt on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers
- Jacob on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal