XCAM Sabre Mini Video Stabilizer Review
October 9, 2013
When i’m traveling with a stabilizer, my goal is always to travel as light as possible while still being able to pull off long smooth dolly-like shots at my destination. Here’s a closer look at the new XCAM Sabre Mini Video Stabilizer that I think addresses those two main points for me.
Off the top of my head, I don’t know too many mini stabilizers that offer so many details, while still being able to fit in a travel pouch. The Carbon Fiber Post adds a nice aesthetic and sheds some weight as opposed to the previous version. The larger diameter post is also easier to handle when steering (flying with two hands), but you’ll see in the video many times i’m just working with one hand.
The top stage offers a quick release for fast setup and breakdown, and to dial in your center of balance with fine tuning knobs for both left/right and forward/back adjustments. Outside of that, the adjustable Gimbal along the Carbon Fiber post and telescoping lower sled add another dimension to getting perfect balance with different types of cameras.
Build quality is very nice and if you’re not a fan of the blue anodized finish, the XCAM Sabre is also available in all Black. You can find additional information about the XCAM Sabre at the web listing (found here).
2013 Version XCAM Sabre Mini Telescoping Stabilizer
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Eliu on Glide Gear DEV Dolly Giveaway
- Ryan on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Hogo on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Chas on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Mike_Rea on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- deceres on Best Quadcopter for 2015 – DJI Phantom 3 or 3DR Solo Smart Quadcopter?
- Goubier on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like