Varavon Motorroid Motorized Slider Upgrade + Timeroid
February 20, 2013
Exciting news as Varavon will be offering a new motorized add-on / upgrade kit for their slider products. Assembly of the new ‘Motorroid’ kit can be seen in the video (below).
As a variable speed slider the kit looks great to provide very consistent and smooth video tracking shots. If you follow the assembly video you can see how the dial is used to ramp up speed rather than just a simple on/off switch that will cause harsh start/stops. The new Motorroid Motorized Slider Kit will also have limit switches preventing the slider from continuously running as it reaches the end of travel.
The best part about the kit is how simple it is to modify for various lengths and the fact that it attaches with basic 1/4-20 connections at each end. If you get what i’m saying, the kit basically looks simple enough to modify to add motorized functionality to any existing slider on the market. More information about the new Varavon Motorroid and Timeroid products will be found at the Varavon website http://Vifocam.com
Varavon Slider Motorroid Motorized Upgrade Kit
The most common question with motorized sliders is ‘Can it do Time-Lapse?’. Sure the motorroid lacks any advanced features for slow movements, but that’s where the ‘Timeroid’ product fits in with Varavon’s new obsession with motion control products. The system uses a wire to pull itself along either on a rail, wheeled dolly, or even through a cable-cam setup as seen video below.
More Varavon products can be found at http://Vifocam.com
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera