Exciting news as Varavon will be offering a new motorized add-on / upgrade kit for their slider products. Assembly of the new ‘Motorroid’ kit can be seen in the video (below).
As a variable speed slider the kit looks great to provide very consistent and smooth video tracking shots. If you follow the assembly video you can see how the dial is used to ramp up speed rather than just a simple on/off switch that will cause harsh start/stops. The new Motorroid Motorized Slider Kit will also have limit switches preventing the slider from continuously running as it reaches the end of travel.
The best part about the kit is how simple it is to modify for various lengths and the fact that it attaches with basic 1/4-20 connections at each end. If you get what i’m saying, the kit basically looks simple enough to modify to add motorized functionality to any existing slider on the market. More information about the new Varavon Motorroid and Timeroid products will be found at the Varavon website http://Vifocam.com
Varavon Slider Motorroid Motorized Upgrade Kit
The most common question with motorized sliders is ‘Can it do Time-Lapse?’. Sure the motorroid lacks any advanced features for slow movements, but that’s where the ‘Timeroid’ product fits in with Varavon’s new obsession with motion control products. The system uses a wire to pull itself along either on a rail, wheeled dolly, or even through a cable-cam setup as seen video below.
More Varavon products can be found at http://Vifocam.com
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Tom on Canon EOS 7D Mark II 1080p 60
- john on DIY BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Battery Cable
- john on BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera 12V Battery Plate DIY
- VanWeddings on Canon EOS 7D Mark II 1080p 60
- Bkpr100 on Magic Carpet – Camera Slider + Motion Control
- joots on F&V BlackMagic Cinema Camera Cage – BMCC Cage
- Emm on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer – New Folding Design
- Matthew on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer – New Folding Design