Varavon 815FH Video Fluid Head Overview
July 28, 2013
A few months back, you might have noticed Varavon had released an 815FH Video Fluid Head. I just received this unit for review, so I here’s a quick run through some of the features. The unit is all metal and carries a good amount of weight to it. It feels pretty solid. This is a standard flat base to attach on common video tripods that offers a 3/8″ mount.
The movement of the head is fluid, but just like other brands of fluid heads under $130 bucks, this DOES NOT offer variable Pan/Tilt drag adjustment. One small convenient feature is that it offers a type of counter-balance which can help to prevent your camera from falling forward, and also help control your tilt movements by adding counter resistance. The 815FH quick release plate is also proprietary to this head, something to keep in mind if you’re thinking of moving your camera around to different rigs. More information on t the Varavon 815FH Video Fluid Heads can be found via eBay (here).
Varavon Video Fluid Head 815FH Flat Base
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Marc B. on Sony FS7 180 FPS Slow Motion + SLOG-2 Video Test
- Bryan on Glide Gear DEV Dolly Giveaway
- kicap on NAB2015 – Filmpower Nebula 4000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Alan Brown on NAB2015 – Filmpower Nebula 4000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Habez on IndiProTools Power Pods Power Anything with LP-E6 Batteries
- Getem on IndiProTools Power Pods Power Anything with LP-E6 Batteries
- Emm on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Emm on IndiProTools Power Pods Power Anything with LP-E6 Batteries