USB Audio Monitoring Adapter – Magic Lantern
June 3, 2011
For you Magic Lantern junkies, here’s a DIY video from Vimeo member Moritz Graeser on using the USB port to monitor audio from the camera. Of course if you’re already using an external LCD monitor with a headphone jack, disregard. The instructions aren’t super clear, but from a USB connector, you’ll probably be using the middle two wires. Green cable being ‘data -’ and the white cable being ‘data+’. The outer wires normally red and black are for Power.
On another note, shouldn’t a basic Mini USB to 3.5mm Adapter for 0.99 cents + Free Shipping work too? Maybe i’m missing something though..
Mini USB to 3.5mm HeadPhone Jack
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- andy zou on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Joey on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Nick on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Jack D. on DIY Retractable Compact Camera Holster Hand Held Stabilizer
- bart on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s