I was looking for a pretty inexpensive USB 3.0 card reader that can support Compact Flash, SDXC, and SDHC and decided to test the USPEED Multi Reader based on the many positive reviews (and of course the price). Compared to an older Belkin multi-card reader I have, I can immediately see the USB 3.0 speed difference.
I’m using it with the new MacBook Pro Retina, and files are transferred more than twice as fast from the Compact Flash. For SDHC, the MacBook has a built in reader and the speed is just about the same (no benefit there if all you use is SDHC). On our iMac the USB reader works great, but the cable built into the unit is a bit short so it won’t rest flat on your desk. It just sort of hangs. For traveling laptop users, I welcome the short cable. If you need a USB 3.0 multi-card reader, check out the other reviews on Amazon (Click Here).
USB 3.0 SDXC, SDHC, SD, CF, High-Speed CF (UDMA), MS, M2, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, Micro SD Cards, Support UHS-I
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- digitalcyclops on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- kicap on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Gary on GoPro HERO4 Overheating Battery BacPac Test 3 – Surprise it may be your Camera
- Rob S. on Huge Discounts on Edelkrone Modula Systems
- mad on Huge Discounts on Edelkrone Modula Systems
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Jeff on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?