I grabbed one of these little starter rigs to use for a prototype product i’m working on that will be an addition to existing rigs on the market (it will make more sense later). I decided to share the unboxing and assembling images for the ‘Thanks SJ’ Gini rig. If you’re curious what ‘Thanks SJ’ means, this odd little title for a rig came about after the death of Steve Jobs.
This is one of the cheapest Gini configurations he makes available that has a shoulder pad, handles, camera mount, and tripod mount. That’s pretty much the bones most people are looking for in a basic shoulder rig. There are two foam pads depending on if you want firm or soft cushion. The firm pad is is very very firm, and I can only imagine it to be uncomfortable.
The provided Camera Mount / Tripod Mount is actually a quick release design.The large knob on the side tightens up the top stage so you can dismount your camera very quickly and easily. If you are planning to add something else on the top stage (another quick release adapter), the knob provides plenty of clearance and sits low enough to be out of the way of any obstruction. Anything you place on the top camera mount will have a wide level surface.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Emm on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Danny Schmidt on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Daniel Hughes on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Fe on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Southerndude on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Kyle Gordon on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Jacob Osborn on Design changes for 600 LED Light Panels?