Unboxing the ‘Thanks SJ’ Gini Rig
February 13, 2012
I grabbed one of these little starter rigs to use for a prototype product i’m working on that will be an addition to existing rigs on the market (it will make more sense later). I decided to share the unboxing and assembling images for the ‘Thanks SJ’ Gini rig. If you’re curious what ‘Thanks SJ’ means, this odd little title for a rig came about after the death of Steve Jobs.
This is one of the cheapest Gini configurations he makes available that has a shoulder pad, handles, camera mount, and tripod mount. That’s pretty much the bones most people are looking for in a basic shoulder rig. There are two foam pads depending on if you want firm or soft cushion. The firm pad is is very very firm, and I can only imagine it to be uncomfortable.
The provided Camera Mount / Tripod Mount is actually a quick release design.The large knob on the side tightens up the top stage so you can dismount your camera very quickly and easily. If you are planning to add something else on the top stage (another quick release adapter), the knob provides plenty of clearance and sits low enough to be out of the way of any obstruction. Anything you place on the top camera mount will have a wide level surface.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- getem on NAB 2015 – Fotodiox Expands Flapjack Edge lit LED Light Product Line
- krys on NAB 2015 – Fotodiox Expands Flapjack Edge lit LED Light Product Line
- Adrian on Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory Card Deals
- itsjohnny on Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory Card Deals
- Louis on RodeLink Wireless Microphone Kits Begin Shipping
- bz on RodeLink Wireless Microphone Kits Begin Shipping
- Andreas on RodeLink Wireless Microphone Kits Begin Shipping
- Rich Greb on NAB2015 – Filmpower Nebula 4000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer