Unboxing the BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera
August 15, 2013
Like many other people out there, I preordered my BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras (while I was at NAB) the same day they announced it. With only a few cameras trickling in every week, it could be months before my name is up next. Fortunately, I had the chance to the BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera today thanks to DVEStore.com.
Apparently, the folks at the DVEStore has a few of these, with still a fairly reasonable small list of preorders to fill. There’s a good chance the DVEStore will complete their list of preorders before larger retail stores can even scratch the surface with theirs.
If you’re curious about seeing how long (or short) that list is, I suggest sending them an inquiry. The website can be found here: http://DVEStore.com.
Ok, now on to the next point of business. The BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera I have here is on loan. I have a short amount of time with it, but I’ve already reached out to a few friends to see if they can put it through the paces. We’ve planned a long weekend of travel and shooting a variety of footage with this camera.
I needed to buy additional bits just to get going on this camera (more info on that later), and also rented a few bits I think people will be interested in. The Pocket Cinema Camera does not shoot RAW (CinemaDNG) at this time, but the ProRes files are still impressive. A firmware update will add CinemaDNG capture.
We plan to shoot very short clips and upload them for you to download and play with (color grade). If you have any general questions about the product, leave some comments while I have it. Once I send this little guy back, I doubt I’ll be seeing it again for several months. Over the next few days i’ll be adding some additional information about working with this camera, so keep following…
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Andy L on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate
- david b on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Elburke on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate
- Roman on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Boz on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Daniel on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate