Jesse writes in and shares some new LED Video lights in the form of Fresnels [Thanks Jesse]. One unit looks to be using the ‘As Arri’ style housing. To be more accurate, one of these units do not provide an actual fresnel lens, so it would be considered more of an LED spotlight. Both units stuff a 100w High Power LED inside that should offer an equivalent power output of a 300w tungsten bulb.
The other more expensive unit appears to offer the fresnel style cut glass to focus the beam. I think it’s still too early to invest in such lighting, but hopefully in the coming year we’ll see more of these lights being offered bringing prices down and quality up. You can already find some of these LED Fresnels available via eBay (Click Here).
LED Fresnel Video Lighting
Like Subscribe Follow
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Moe Film on DIY Pitchfork Pod – Monopod
- svem on FREE Diva Ring Light Giveaway – by DVEStore
- Bernie H. on Panolapse – Panoramic Panning Software for Time Lapse Video
- Guy Cochran on Porter Case – Camera Hard Case Carry On + Hand Truck Dolly
- jonyoshi on Porter Case – Camera Hard Case Carry On + Hand Truck Dolly
- VisX on World’s Fastest Zoom Lens Available to Order – Sigma 18-35mm F/1.8
- Emm on Porter Case – Camera Hard Case Carry On + Hand Truck Dolly
- ron on Porter Case – Camera Hard Case Carry On + Hand Truck Dolly
B&H Photo Video
New Zoom H6