Tokina’s new Full Frame Lens – 16-28mm F/2.8
December 19, 2010
I’ve been extremely happy with my new Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 lens for both video and photography use, but it doesn’t work across all my cameras. Sure it mounts to the Canon 5D Mark II, but it’s pretty much unusable on a full frame camera until you zoom all the way out. If you’re looking for a lens that would give you a wider option on a full frame you might already be thinking about Canon’s 16-35mm F/2.8. This would work on both Full Frame and cropped cameras, but you’ll also be looking at an “L” lens price tag.
Tokina’s giving us a new option with their recently released 16-28mm F/2.8 lens. This new 16-28mm F/2.8 lens from Tokina was specifically designed to be compatible with all cameras (including Full Frame). This new lens also features the company’s newly developed AF system that features a quieter Silent Drive-Module (SD-M) autofocus motor and promises more precise focusing. The company also designed it to be a weather-sealed lens with a fixed lens hood. Still an expensive lens, but at about $700 cheaper than Canon’s 16-35mm it adds in another option for budget shooters looking for an extra wide fast lens for both video and photography. BTW, they’ve also made it available for both Canon and Nikon, no news for Sony (yet).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Satva on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Chas on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Carlos Martinez on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video
- Derek McCabe on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Alex on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Dan K. on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Scott on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Todd on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera