Tokina’s 11-16mm Available
July 8, 2011
Thanks to an email from Matt, The Tokina 11-16mm is back in stock. This was my first ‘Tokina’ brand lens I picked up because of some excellent reviews and I admit this thing has become one of my favorite wide lenses for cropped cameras like the T2i, T3i, 60D, or 7D. It is possible to mount this lens to a Full Frame camera like the 5D Mark II, but only when it’s zoomed out to it’s 16mm. When used in that manner, this thing is wicked wide.
The Tokina 11-16mm is one of my favorite lenses for Flying with a Steadicam / Glidecam stabilizer (many others favor this lens too for flying). Unlike Canon’s 10-22mm, the Tokina can also maintain a nice wide aperture of F/2.8 throughout it’s range for low light imaging. The lens has a solid build and very sharp, so if you’re missing this super wide range in your lens collection, this is definitely the lens to get (click here).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- wideofilmowanie lublin on REMOVU R1 Live View Remote for GoPro HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
- Scott on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Patrick on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Bruce on Kamerar Mark II Video Sliders now with Full Bearings
- Fionn on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Joe Bourke on Movo Magic Ball Multi Adapter w/6 Rods for Mounting Accessories
- Danny on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage