Nikon D3100 is Out & Not Looking Good
September 21, 2010
The new Nikon D3100 DSLR camera with 1080p is available, but finding one is a bit rare right now. This new DSLR coming in even cheaper than the Canon 550D / T2i has the specs and pricing to steal a bit of market share for new DSLR shooters. From the samples i’m seeing so far though, there’s still a major major problem with Rolling shutter and ‘Jello Effect’. The earlier Nikon DSLR were notorious for this, and doesn’t seem to have gotten better on the D3100. I’ve seen samples from the higher end Nikon D7000 which looks pretty good, but what’s going on with the D3100? Also that new continuous Auto Focus that everyone complains Canon fails to implement is quite distracting on the Nikon. It’s quite jumpy. If the rolling shutter is still going to be an obvious problem, pricing is not going to save this camera. If anyone else has some samples or experience to share, i’m sure we’d all like to take a look.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC