Here’s some footage shot with the Aviator Travel Jib. As far as mini video jibs / cranes go, this is THE MOST Compact Crane i’ve ever personally had the chance to use. The aluminum version (available in carbon fiber also) is very lightweight and sets up very quickly. No nonsense, and no fiddling around when it’s time to set up for a shot. It is just as fast to break it down when it’s time to move. I really feel these mini jibs will appeal to the event videographer who needs to travel light and work in confined areas, or to the traveling videographer who wants to recreate these specialty camera movements on location. There’s nothing to complain about as far as build quality for this price, and the built in panning base of the Aviator is a HUGE advantage over other systems that require you to bring a strong fluid head.
Filling an empty bag is a good option when you don’t want to travel with an extra 4-5lbs of weight, and you can easily fill it up with extra camera gear, or even water bottles. The telescoping poles can be adjusted so that you don’t have to use the full 6 feet of extension. As with any tool, the Aviator Jib moves very smoothly but still requires perfect balance with your counter weight, and practice to get the best no-wobble results. The Aviator is one of the more pricier mini jibs available on the market, but it’s compact folding design is unique allowing to be extremely compact and fast. The Aviator Jib can be found in both Carbon Fiber and in Aluminum (click here).
The Aviator Travel Jib Mini Crane Carbon Fiber or Aluminum
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Alzo 200 Economy CFL Softbox Demonstration
- Emm on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Jason on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Rob S. on Alzo 200 Economy CFL Softbox Demonstration
- Tony Lee on DJI Phantom Quadcopter for GoPro Cameras
- Jeremy D on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Derek White on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Emm on Custom Metal Plate In Pelican Hard Case For Monitor Mount