Old T2i Grip is Compatible with new Canon T3i
February 28, 2011
They said it would work, but you never know until you try. Just confirmed that the Canon T3i is compatible with the same BG-E8 Battery grip for the Canon T2i / 550D. Works seamlessly.
The camera bodies are very close in design, but still a bit different. It doesn’t seem like you can swap the camera’s battery doors (when removed for installing battery grip). For those wondering about the GGS glass protectors working on the Canon T3i / 600D, it doesn’t look like a fit. The buttons are close to the same position, but everything is just slightly off. Other accessories such as Batteries, Cards, and Chargers are all the same, so the T3i / 600D should be seamless to drop into any existing Canon T2i workflow…
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC