Speed Crank on Gini iFocus Follow Focus
February 24, 2012
The cheap Speed Crank came in the other day. It’s a perfect fit on the Gini iFocus Follow Focus which is pretty standard 12×12, so it would work well on other FFs too. It does have a retro ‘1980’s PacMan Arcade Joystick Red’ color, but can easily be coated. The Red knob actually screws off if you wanted to mount something else, like say Dice or a Skull. LOL. The rest of the unit is all black anodized aluminum, not cheap plastic. For the price, i’m not complaining, quite happy actually. You can push or pull the FF with a single finger, and feels like there’s a bit more control. I guess it’s just more leverage with a longer lever.
If you need to have your hands further from a Follow Focus, there are a number of whips available now too. These whips vary in lengths from short to very long, and are slightly flexible so that you can turn the follow focus from different positions around the camera. Helpful for someone who’s managing a shoulder rig alone, or if you have someone pulling focus for you.
Flexible Follow Focus Whip
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Colin on Cheesycam Group Buy – Varavon BMPCC Armor Cage + 15mm Rod Kit + External Battery Power Bundle
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- AO&JO Photography on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Emm on Basic Overview of SLRMagic Anamorphot Anamorphic Lens Adapter
- MikeyMike on Basic Overview of SLRMagic Anamorphot Anamorphic Lens Adapter
- Andrew on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Eric on How to choose Slow Motion or Fast Motion Frame Rates on Panasonic GH4
- Emm on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts