Speed Crank on Gini iFocus Follow Focus
February 24, 2012
The cheap Speed Crank came in the other day. It’s a perfect fit on the Gini iFocus Follow Focus which is pretty standard 12×12, so it would work well on other FFs too. It does have a retro ‘1980’s PacMan Arcade Joystick Red’ color, but can easily be coated. The Red knob actually screws off if you wanted to mount something else, like say Dice or a Skull. LOL. The rest of the unit is all black anodized aluminum, not cheap plastic. For the price, i’m not complaining, quite happy actually. You can push or pull the FF with a single finger, and feels like there’s a bit more control. I guess it’s just more leverage with a longer lever.
If you need to have your hands further from a Follow Focus, there are a number of whips available now too. These whips vary in lengths from short to very long, and are slightly flexible so that you can turn the follow focus from different positions around the camera. Helpful for someone who’s managing a shoulder rig alone, or if you have someone pulling focus for you.
Flexible Follow Focus Whip
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Marcus on RodeLink FIlmmaker Wireless Lavalier Microphone Audio System Review and Distance Test
- bestavi on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- josh miller on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- eddie on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- Bobby Washington on Big Balance Gimbals – PhotoPLus Expo 2014
- John M on NAB 2015 Dracast PLUS Series LED Light Panels
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Emm on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers