Speed Crank on Gini iFocus Follow Focus
February 24, 2012
The cheap Speed Crank came in the other day. It’s a perfect fit on the Gini iFocus Follow Focus which is pretty standard 12×12, so it would work well on other FFs too. It does have a retro ‘1980’s PacMan Arcade Joystick Red’ color, but can easily be coated. The Red knob actually screws off if you wanted to mount something else, like say Dice or a Skull. LOL. The rest of the unit is all black anodized aluminum, not cheap plastic. For the price, i’m not complaining, quite happy actually. You can push or pull the FF with a single finger, and feels like there’s a bit more control. I guess it’s just more leverage with a longer lever.
If you need to have your hands further from a Follow Focus, there are a number of whips available now too. These whips vary in lengths from short to very long, and are slightly flexible so that you can turn the follow focus from different positions around the camera. Helpful for someone who’s managing a shoulder rig alone, or if you have someone pulling focus for you.
Flexible Follow Focus Whip
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Kevin on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Howard on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Derek McCabe on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- sept on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- dave on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Michael on Z1 Rider GoPro HERO3 HERO4 Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Mounted on Audio Boom Pole
- Emm on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate