Sony NEX-7 – P&C Pistol Grips
February 7, 2012
I’m officially lovin’ the new Sony NEX-7 camera that just dropped in today. The quality, performance, and build is amazing. So far i’ve tried the Canon 28mm FD lens, Rokinon 35mm F/1.4, and Nikon 50mm F/1.8. Of course my favorite is the Nikon 50mm F/1.8 pancake because it keeps the camera pretty small (that’s the whole point of using an NEX7). Sorry I have no samples yet as I haven’t had anything interesting to shoot today.
The video quality is also quite amazing, but it’s nearly impossible to shoot hand held with this tiny camera and these old manual lenses. The Nikon 50mm F/1.8 feels more like it’s at 100mm (without image stabilization). My solution is to use the dual PNC Custom Pistol grips and friction arm configuration. Instead of using it ‘fig rig’ style, I turned the rear handle sideways and used it more like a gun stock placed against my chest. This made a world of difference and totally eliminated the micro vibrations and rolling shutter ‘jello’ effect. When it’s time to pack things away, the whole setup breaks down to just two handles and a folding arm. The Custom PNC Pistol Grip Camera Handles are back in stock at PhotographyandCinema.com or via eBay for International buyers (below).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Mark on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Koichi Sakaguchi on Dual Operator Setup Idea for BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras
- Emm on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Sara on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Aberracus on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Southerndude on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s