Sony NEX-7 – P&C Pistol Grips
February 7, 2012
I’m officially lovin’ the new Sony NEX-7 camera that just dropped in today. The quality, performance, and build is amazing. So far i’ve tried the Canon 28mm FD lens, Rokinon 35mm F/1.4, and Nikon 50mm F/1.8. Of course my favorite is the Nikon 50mm F/1.8 pancake because it keeps the camera pretty small (that’s the whole point of using an NEX7). Sorry I have no samples yet as I haven’t had anything interesting to shoot today.
The video quality is also quite amazing, but it’s nearly impossible to shoot hand held with this tiny camera and these old manual lenses. The Nikon 50mm F/1.8 feels more like it’s at 100mm (without image stabilization). My solution is to use the dual PNC Custom Pistol grips and friction arm configuration. Instead of using it ‘fig rig’ style, I turned the rear handle sideways and used it more like a gun stock placed against my chest. This made a world of difference and totally eliminated the micro vibrations and rolling shutter ‘jello’ effect. When it’s time to pack things away, the whole setup breaks down to just two handles and a folding arm. The Custom PNC Pistol Grip Camera Handles are back in stock at PhotographyandCinema.com or via eBay for International buyers (below).
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Casey on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Connor on 9.Solutions Innovative Support Rigging Products Finally Available
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime