Sony NEX-7 – P&C Pistol Grips
February 7, 2012
I’m officially lovin’ the new Sony NEX-7 camera that just dropped in today. The quality, performance, and build is amazing. So far i’ve tried the Canon 28mm FD lens, Rokinon 35mm F/1.4, and Nikon 50mm F/1.8. Of course my favorite is the Nikon 50mm F/1.8 pancake because it keeps the camera pretty small (that’s the whole point of using an NEX7). Sorry I have no samples yet as I haven’t had anything interesting to shoot today.
The video quality is also quite amazing, but it’s nearly impossible to shoot hand held with this tiny camera and these old manual lenses. The Nikon 50mm F/1.8 feels more like it’s at 100mm (without image stabilization). My solution is to use the dual PNC Custom Pistol grips and friction arm configuration. Instead of using it ‘fig rig’ style, I turned the rear handle sideways and used it more like a gun stock placed against my chest. This made a world of difference and totally eliminated the micro vibrations and rolling shutter ‘jello’ effect. When it’s time to pack things away, the whole setup breaks down to just two handles and a folding arm. The Custom PNC Pistol Grip Camera Handles are back in stock at PhotographyandCinema.com or via eBay for International buyers (below).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Save -$500 OFF Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera DVEStore
- krys on Varavon Black Friday Deals Another Price Cut on Birdycam2 3-Axis Gimbal
- gmanfilm on Save -$500 OFF Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera DVEStore
- Paul on Varavon Black Friday Deals Another Price Cut on Birdycam2 3-Axis Gimbal
- Emm on Rokinon 12mm Wide Angle Prime Lens DEAL
- Scott on Rokinon 12mm Wide Angle Prime Lens DEAL
- Emm on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty Gimbal Finally Available Ready to Ship
- Emm on DIY BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Battery Cable