Finally had time to add the Lexerd LCD screen protector on the Sony NEX-7. The Lexerd is a thin film screen protector, much like you would use on your iPhone. Easy to apply, comes with all the right tools. There are other hard plastic screen protectors, but some may introduce more glare. The thin film type works for me on this camera.
Afterwards, I decided to install a cheap 16×9 LCD Loupe for those bright days when I want to pixel peep and review my photos or video. There aren’t very many options for viewfinders to fit the very wide 16×9 LCD of the Sony NEX-7, so I just grabbed a cheap one on eBay which works well to block out any light and to magnify the screen. This one fits perfectly without cropping any of the view. It might not be the best on the market, but it beats trying to cover the LCD with my hand.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- MAGEtv on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video
- Josh on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- John Griswell on NAB 2014: Shape iSEE II DSLR Gimbal Shoulder Mount
- Emm on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Matt on News Release: Libec New for NAB 2014 ALLEX Tripod + Head + Slider
- Hristijan on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Max on BlackMagic Firmware Updates for Previous Cameras