25May SmallHD DP6 HDMI LCD
The SmallHD DP6 is a serious monitor with some seriously cool features. The price tag may not hit home for the starting shooter, but if you’re shopping for a monitor around the 5″ mark, the SmallHD puts most others to shame. We’re not talking your average 800×480 resolution (yes check those LCD specs carefully), we’re talking about a true HD display at 1280×800. The housing is milled aluminum, much like how a MacBook pro is built. It’s solid, but at the same time lightweight. Especially if you’re shooting with Canon, the DP6 monitor has special features designed to scale video signals for Canon DSLRs which don’t usually output in Full HD.
Don’t be afraid to step into something that could get outdated quickly. SmallHD has put some forward thinking into their products with a USB port and 2GB thumb drive to make sure you can download and install any new firmware updates. Two features you won’t find in cheaper monitors include False Color to help you check for clipping blacks or blown highlights, Peaking to help you ensure things are in focus. If you rely heavily on external monitoring from your video camera, you’ll need something better than good, and the SmallHD is a great solid product. SmallHD will also be releasing a new DP4 – 4″ LCD specifically designed to be used with a ViewFinder Loupe entering the EVF market. More about SmallHD products can be found at http://smallhd.com
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Peter on New Zoom iQ6 Stereo Mic Adapter for iPhone
- stephen on New F&V LED Ring Light vs 600 LED Panel Comparison
- Emm on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Tim Naylor on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Emm on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- Michael Aers on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- David on Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Derrick on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer