SmallHD DP4-EVF Unboxing
July 14, 2011
First look at what’s in the box with the Small HD DP4-EVF. First impression, this thing is much bigger than I anticipated. It’s a very nice external monitor, and sadly it might be enough to replace my DP6 (might be up for sale soon?). The menu with the click wheel on top, is the same as the SmallHD DP6 allowing you to change through a variety of features. Also included is the Focus Peaking and False color to help you with exposure. If you’re familiar with the SmallHD DP6 features, you’ll fall in love with the DP4 as both an external monitor solution and as an EVF. So the question on everyone’s mind is, how does the Small HD DP4 hold up to the Zacuto Z-EVF? I don’t have a Zacuto ZEVF to compare it to right now (yet), but i’ll leave the comments open if someone has something to say, and i’ll have more of my opinions in a bit. You can find more about SmallHD DP4-EVF following this link.
Oh and the Diopter for the Small HD DP4 question? Thanks for the comments, The SmallHD DP4 uses 46mm thread on ‘Close up’ Filters a.k.a Macro Filters (like Cinevate’s Cyclops). These Close up filters come in a variety of magnifications like +1 to +4 or more. Found below.
Even without a side by side SmallHD DP4 vs Zacuto ZEVF comparison, there’s no doubt the Zacuto EVF is the smaller of the two. If size (or lack of) is of importance for your work, then Zacuto’s EVF Electronic View Finder still lands as the smallest most affordable EVF solution. Hopefully i’ll have the two side by side pretty soon. You can find it via B&H (click here) or via Amazon (click here).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC