SmallHD DP4-EVF Unboxing
July 14, 2011
First look at what’s in the box with the Small HD DP4-EVF. First impression, this thing is much bigger than I anticipated. It’s a very nice external monitor, and sadly it might be enough to replace my DP6 (might be up for sale soon?). The menu with the click wheel on top, is the same as the SmallHD DP6 allowing you to change through a variety of features. Also included is the Focus Peaking and False color to help you with exposure. If you’re familiar with the SmallHD DP6 features, you’ll fall in love with the DP4 as both an external monitor solution and as an EVF. So the question on everyone’s mind is, how does the Small HD DP4 hold up to the Zacuto Z-EVF? I don’t have a Zacuto ZEVF to compare it to right now (yet), but i’ll leave the comments open if someone has something to say, and i’ll have more of my opinions in a bit. You can find more about SmallHD DP4-EVF following this link.
Oh and the Diopter for the Small HD DP4 question? Thanks for the comments, The SmallHD DP4 uses 46mm thread on ‘Close up’ Filters a.k.a Macro Filters (like Cinevate’s Cyclops). These Close up filters come in a variety of magnifications like +1 to +4 or more. Found below.
Even without a side by side SmallHD DP4 vs Zacuto ZEVF comparison, there’s no doubt the Zacuto EVF is the smaller of the two. If size (or lack of) is of importance for your work, then Zacuto’s EVF Electronic View Finder still lands as the smallest most affordable EVF solution. Hopefully i’ll have the two side by side pretty soon. You can find it via B&H (click here) or via Amazon (click here).
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera