Skyler MiniCam DSLR Video Stabilizer
January 21, 2012
The Skyler MiniCam has been a work in progress floating around the Internet for a very long time, but this is the first time i’ve seen it available on eBay. A clever little stabilizer which stands on it’s own like a tripod, looks to have great build quality, and very simple fine tuning knobs. A 1/4-20 thread under the stabilizer allows you to mount it on a Monopod so that you can don’t need to dismount your camera.
Unfortunately the asking price of over $620 dollars is a big umm..’heck no’ for me. It’s too bad they couldn’t get the Skyler under the $200 dollar price tag, I think it could be a hit. I guess if you want to compare the price to an $800 dollar Steadicam Merlin, it’s not looking so bad, but there’s so many more stabilizer options now for under $300 dollars. If you’re still curious, there’s some additional demo videos of the Skyler MiniCam stabilizer in use over at the auction page (click here).
Skyler Mini DSLR Video Camera Stabilizer Steadicam
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- andy zou on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Joey on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Nick on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Jack D. on DIY Retractable Compact Camera Holster Hand Held Stabilizer
- bart on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s