The Skyler MiniCam has been a work in progress floating around the Internet for a very long time, but this is the first time i’ve seen it available on eBay. A clever little stabilizer which stands on it’s own like a tripod, looks to have great build quality, and very simple fine tuning knobs. A 1/4-20 thread under the stabilizer allows you to mount it on a Monopod so that you can don’t need to dismount your camera.
Unfortunately the asking price of over $620 dollars is a big umm..’heck no’ for me. It’s too bad they couldn’t get the Skyler under the $200 dollar price tag, I think it could be a hit. I guess if you want to compare the price to an $800 dollar Steadicam Merlin, it’s not looking so bad, but there’s so many more stabilizer options now for under $300 dollars. If you’re still curious, there’s some additional demo videos of the Skyler MiniCam stabilizer in use over at the auction page (click here).
Skyler Mini DSLR Video Camera Stabilizer Steadicam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Nelson on Ready for 4K? Preorder your Panasonic DMC-GH4 Tonight
- Jim on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Simon on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Kahleem Poole-Tejada on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- OldCorpse on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Chris on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Nang on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Emm on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors