Here’s a very simple mod you can do with a Fotopro Transformer tripod or sometimes called the Polaroid All Terrain tripod. Available in ugly chrome and Gunmetal Grey. When choosing, be aware that some packages don’t come with all the pieces. It’s probably found under several different names too, but basically it’s a flexible tripod with swappable feet and uses the standard 1/4×20 thread.
1) Flexible tripod with removable feet
2) (3pcs) 1.5″ 1/4-20 bolts & (3pcs) 1/4-20 jam nut,
3) (3pcs) basic skate wheels and bearings. Could be Rollerblade or skateboard wheels.
4) About 30 seconds of time out of your day…
When unscrewing the feet from these tripods, they are on pretty firm. Don’t worry, just wrench them off, they are indeed removable. The 1/4-20 bolt is not a perfect fit (a bit smaller), but it really doesn’t matter once it’s rolling. Just don’t crank down the bearings too tight or the wheel won’t move as freely. This particular tripod isn’t built for huge cameras, but should do fine for cameras around 3lbs. For anything heavier, I still recommend at least the Pico Flex table Dolly.
Something like this is perfect for camera sizes like the Sony HX9V or GH2. Find these tripods on both eBay (click here)
FotoPro Flexible Transformer Tripod – via eBay
and also via Amazon (click here).
FotoPro Flexible Tripod Rubber Suction Spiked Feet – via Amazon
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- stevehoose on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- mike on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Nikita Pavlov on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Rimagecraft on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Tim Cowell on NAB 2014: Shape iSEE II DSLR Gimbal Shoulder Mount
- Emm on NAB 2014: Libec ALLEX Tripod Slider Fluid Head Kit
- Apostolos on NAB 2014: Libec ALLEX Tripod Slider Fluid Head Kit
- Southerndude on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus