Here’s a very simple mod you can do with a Fotopro Transformer tripod or sometimes called the Polaroid All Terrain tripod. Available in ugly chrome and Gunmetal Grey. When choosing, be aware that some packages don’t come with all the pieces. It’s probably found under several different names too, but basically it’s a flexible tripod with swappable feet and uses the standard 1/4×20 thread.
1) Flexible tripod with removable feet
2) (3pcs) 1.5″ 1/4-20 bolts & (3pcs) 1/4-20 jam nut,
3) (3pcs) basic skate wheels and bearings. Could be Rollerblade or skateboard wheels.
4) About 30 seconds of time out of your day…
When unscrewing the feet from these tripods, they are on pretty firm. Don’t worry, just wrench them off, they are indeed removable. The 1/4-20 bolt is not a perfect fit (a bit smaller), but it really doesn’t matter once it’s rolling. Just don’t crank down the bearings too tight or the wheel won’t move as freely. This particular tripod isn’t built for huge cameras, but should do fine for cameras around 3lbs. For anything heavier, I still recommend at least the Pico Flex table Dolly.
Something like this is perfect for camera sizes like the Sony HX9V or GH2. Find these tripods on both eBay (click here)
FotoPro Flexible Transformer Tripod – via eBay
and also via Amazon (click here).
FotoPro Flexible Tripod Rubber Suction Spiked Feet – via Amazon
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Ben on F&V Z180 / Z96 High CRI UltraColor LED Video Lights
- Emm on Ready for 4K? Preorder your Panasonic DMC-GH4 Tonight
- Rick on Ready for 4K? Preorder your Panasonic DMC-GH4 Tonight
- Bubba on Ready for 4K? Preorder your Panasonic DMC-GH4 Tonight
- seenematic on Ready for 4K? Preorder your Panasonic DMC-GH4 Tonight
- Darren Levine on Osrso Inexpensive Mini Ball Heads for Accessories
- VanWeddings on Ready for 4K? Preorder your Panasonic DMC-GH4 Tonight
- Chris on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles