Sigma 30mm E-Mount on Sony NEX-7
May 2, 2012
Just got this in today so we’ll see how it performs. Seems to be a fairly popular lens due to it’s backorder status on most websites. Part of the appeal when shooting with the Sony NEX-7 is it’s compact size. I wanted an autofocus prime lens and decided to go with the Sigma 30mm F/2.8. Smaller and shorter profile than using an older lens with an adapter in between, and much more lightweight to make the Sony NEX-7 more pocketable for my casual use.
Sigma also offers this tiny lens for a Micro Four Thirds mount and might be easier to pull focus on than some of those Panasonic lenses that seem to rotate forever. It’s a decent prime autofocus F/2.8 lens for about $199, check it out at B&H.
Sigma 30mm F/2.8 Prime for Sony E-Mount
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Jeep66 on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Tirmu on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Jim on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- earnestreply on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Nathan on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- Dodger on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage