Earlier this week I received an email asking for advice on an inexpensive quick release system to move a video rig from a slider to a stabilizer. Simply because I would have to first suggest going with a Manfrotto 577 Quick Release system, especially if you’re already working with a compatible Manfrotto tripod head. Unfortunately the OEM Manfrotto 577 Quick Release base plate + qr plate system runs anywhere from $50-$60 dollars each (seen here).
Manfrotto 577 Rapid Connect Adapter with Sliding Mounting Plate (501PL)
Here’s an old video showing you the alternative from Calumetphoto. The Calumet branded QR system looks exactly and works exactly like the Manfrotto 577, except that it only runs $35 dollars full retail.
If you’re ever lucky as i’ve been in the past, you can apply a Calumet discount code bringing the price down for as low as $25 dollars (complete base + plate). Unfortunately I don’t have a discount code available now, but it’s still much cheaper than the OEM Manfrotto 577.
[UPDATE] CALUMET COMMENTED ON THIS ARTICLE. USE THE PROMO CODE ‘CHEESY‘ FOR $10 OFF/EACH! (good until Feb 18th Midnight)
The last few times i’ve checked these quick release systems were out of stock. Today i’ve found that the Calumet Quick Release base plate is available again (found here).
Calumet Quick-release Video Head Adapter
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- vincent on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- M. Sirgany on Fixing Random Hot or Dead Pixels
- Dez on DJI Ronin DIY Gimbal Support BackPack $90 Dollars or Less
- Marlon on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Dimitris on 1000w Lighting – Don’t try this at home
- Steve on Sony DSC-RX10 II 4K Video Camera Now In Stock
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage