Who doesn’t love the Samyang (or a.k.a Rokinon) 35mm F/1.4 prime? It’s a decently sharp lens with fast aperture for a not so bad price. I couldn’t pass up a recent deal and was able to grab (2) of them for just $375 the other day.
The 35mm focal length is nice for Full Frame cameras like the Canon 5D Mark II. There’s been talks about Samyang releasing a 24mm F/1.4 lens for quite some time, which is a better focal length on cameras that have a cropped sensor like a GH2, Sony NEX, or even Canon 7D, 60D, T3i, etc. The good news is this 24mm F/1.4 prime lens is available now, but the bad news is they are dropping this bad boy for a starting price of over $800. Before you start flipping out, in contrast the Canon EF Auto Focus 24mm F/1.4L will run you about $1600 retail.
Check out the new listings (here).
Samyang 24mm F/1.4 Prime Manual Focus Manual Aperture
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- VanWeddings on HDSLR EVF Holders and Manfrotto Base HDMI LOCK
- TOM on HDSLR EVF Holders and Manfrotto Base HDMI LOCK
- Marc on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Nikita Pavlov on HDSLR EVF Holders and Manfrotto Base HDMI LOCK
- Emm on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor
- Ed S on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor
- nate on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Joey on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer – New Folding Design