Sachtler Ace Fluid Head Tripod
September 27, 2011
There’s been a few announcements of Sachtler’s latest Ace fluid head + tripod, and it’s finally available for pre-order. What’s all the buzz about? Well Sachtler tripod systems normally run several thousands of dollars. In fact, just a pan bar alone for a Sachtler Fluid head could run you well over $300 dollars. So it’s surprising that this new Sachtler Ace Tripod system is as affordable as Manfrotto gear. With all of the incredible shrinking video cameras, my guess is Sachtler will stay in this space and produce more affordable systems going forward. There’s just too much they’re missing out on by staying overly high end.
So what could hold back product sales? Well for one, Manfrotto’s pretty much cornered the market in Quick Release adapters. Choosing a Sachtler over a Manfrotto 501HDV tripod system like these (click here) means you’ll lose the ability to move from one rig to the next with ease. Oh and hopefully the bad rap that Litepanels is having won’t affect the sales of this product, because Sachtler is also a Vitec ground brand. There’s already several comments about banning Vitec products since that Litepanels announcement.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera