There’s been a few announcements of Sachtler’s latest Ace fluid head + tripod, and it’s finally available for pre-order. What’s all the buzz about? Well Sachtler tripod systems normally run several thousands of dollars. In fact, just a pan bar alone for a Sachtler Fluid head could run you well over $300 dollars. So it’s surprising that this new Sachtler Ace Tripod system is as affordable as Manfrotto gear. With all of the incredible shrinking video cameras, my guess is Sachtler will stay in this space and produce more affordable systems going forward. There’s just too much they’re missing out on by staying overly high end.
So what could hold back product sales? Well for one, Manfrotto’s pretty much cornered the market in Quick Release adapters. Choosing a Sachtler over a Manfrotto 501HDV tripod system like these (click here) means you’ll lose the ability to move from one rig to the next with ease. Oh and hopefully the bad rap that Litepanels is having won’t affect the sales of this product, because Sachtler is also a Vitec ground brand. There’s already several comments about banning Vitec products since that Litepanels announcement.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on LCD Sunhoods ViewFinders EVF Monitors
- Rich on DIY : Gopro Hero 3 Black with External Canon LP-E6 Canon Battery
- Dale on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- CameraRick on LCD Sunhoods ViewFinders EVF Monitors
- Emm on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Randall on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Emm on Seetec / Scope 3.5″ EVF Loupe
- Emm on SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Card for 4K Video Recording