Just talking about how well reviewed the Rokinon 85mm F/1.4 lens was, and now here’s a bit about the Rokinon 35mm F/1.4. First off, this is the same as the Samyang but since it’s a different name, you’ll save about $100 dollars off the retail price.
For Nikon, the Rokinon 35mm F/1.4 lens actually has a ‘focus confirmation chip’ built in. Why did they not include this for the other brands? The Rokinon 85mm F/1.4 comes in at an excellent price range, and I would say very affordable. This new 35mm F/1.4 sounds good, but it’s going to have some very very stiff competition. In this area you could still get the wildly popular Sigma 30mm F/1.4 for cheaper, and that comes with full Auto Focus.
The Sigma 30mm F/1.4 has already been proven out in the field and is a very sharp lens for cheaper than than the Rokinon 35mm. The Sigma 30mm is just a tad wider, but that’s a good thing especially for cropped cameras. If prices don’t change, in my opinion the Sigma is the lens to get. A quick note to Micro Four Thirds shooters – the Sigma 30mm F/1.4 has been discontinued for Four Thirds cameras. If you’re considering this for a GH2 (would need an FT to MFT adapter), there might be a few left in retail spots like Amazon Here, or check a few eBay Auctions Here.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- ronnie on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Felix on REMOVU R1 Live View Remote for GoPro HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
- Daniel on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- andy zou on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Joey on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Nick on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers