Just talking about how well reviewed the Rokinon 85mm F/1.4 lens was, and now here’s a bit about the Rokinon 35mm F/1.4. First off, this is the same as the Samyang but since it’s a different name, you’ll save about $100 dollars off the retail price.
For Nikon, the Rokinon 35mm F/1.4 lens actually has a ‘focus confirmation chip’ built in. Why did they not include this for the other brands? The Rokinon 85mm F/1.4 comes in at an excellent price range, and I would say very affordable. This new 35mm F/1.4 sounds good, but it’s going to have some very very stiff competition. In this area you could still get the wildly popular Sigma 30mm F/1.4 for cheaper, and that comes with full Auto Focus.
The Sigma 30mm F/1.4 has already been proven out in the field and is a very sharp lens for cheaper than than the Rokinon 35mm. The Sigma 30mm is just a tad wider, but that’s a good thing especially for cropped cameras. If prices don’t change, in my opinion the Sigma is the lens to get. A quick note to Micro Four Thirds shooters – the Sigma 30mm F/1.4 has been discontinued for Four Thirds cameras. If you’re considering this for a GH2 (would need an FT to MFT adapter), there might be a few left in retail spots like Amazon Here, or check a few eBay Auctions Here.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Mischa on TrekPak – A Better Way to Organize Gear in Pelican Hard Cases
- Rob S. on TrekPak – A Better Way to Organize Gear in Pelican Hard Cases
- Emm on TrekPak – A Better Way to Organize Gear in Pelican Hard Cases
- Alan Brown on TrekPak – A Better Way to Organize Gear in Pelican Hard Cases
- Justin on TrekPak – A Better Way to Organize Gear in Pelican Hard Cases
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- ActorNasirRahim on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s