Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro
March 27, 2012
One of the latest microphones released from Rode has touched down in the studio today. This is the Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro, and i’m trying to find the time to test this bad boy out.
The Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro builds on the success of the Rode VideoMic Pro & Stereo VideoMic with improved stereo reproduction, sound quality and ergonomic design. The Stereo VideoMic’s capsule feature a matched pair of 1/2″ cardioid condenser capsules, mounted in a coincident X/Y position for accurate stereo imagery and detail. The microphone’s small, ergonomic footprint features an integrated shock mounting system for superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise. The multi-strand output cable is terminated with a 1/8″ (3.5mm) output connector and delivers significantly lower noise transference than traditional audio cable.
The included shoe mount features an integrated shockmount system for even further protection against handling noise. The Stereo VideoMic features a high pass filter switch at 75Hz for minimizing low frequency noise, and a -10dB Pad for maximizing headroom for capturing loud signals without distortion. The +20dB level boost switch is specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, camera preamp level is reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording.
Broadcast recording quality on-camera microphone
Matched pair 1/2″ condenser capsules in XY stereo configuration
Ultra lightweight, compact form factor
Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 75Hz)
Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
9V battery powered – over 100 hours use (alkaline)
Integrated shock mounting
Integrated foam windscreen
3.5mm stereo mini-jack output
Billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8″ thread for easy boompole mounting
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC