27Mar Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro
One of the latest microphones released from Rode has touched down in the studio today. This is the Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro, and i’m trying to find the time to test this bad boy out.
The Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro builds on the success of the Rode VideoMic Pro & Stereo VideoMic with improved stereo reproduction, sound quality and ergonomic design. The Stereo VideoMic’s capsule feature a matched pair of 1/2″ cardioid condenser capsules, mounted in a coincident X/Y position for accurate stereo imagery and detail. The microphone’s small, ergonomic footprint features an integrated shock mounting system for superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise. The multi-strand output cable is terminated with a 1/8″ (3.5mm) output connector and delivers significantly lower noise transference than traditional audio cable.
The included shoe mount features an integrated shockmount system for even further protection against handling noise. The Stereo VideoMic features a high pass filter switch at 75Hz for minimizing low frequency noise, and a -10dB Pad for maximizing headroom for capturing loud signals without distortion. The +20dB level boost switch is specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, camera preamp level is reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording.
Broadcast recording quality on-camera microphone
Matched pair 1/2″ condenser capsules in XY stereo configuration
Ultra lightweight, compact form factor
Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 75Hz)
Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
9V battery powered – over 100 hours use (alkaline)
Integrated shock mounting
Integrated foam windscreen
3.5mm stereo mini-jack output
Billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8″ thread for easy boompole mounting
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Jacob Osborn on Design changes for 600 LED Light Panels?
- Apostolos on NAB 2014: Libec ALLEX Tripod Slider Fluid Head Kit
- Daniel Hughes on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- stevehoose on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- mike on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Nikita Pavlov on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Rimagecraft on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Tim Cowell on NAB 2014: Shape iSEE II DSLR Gimbal Shoulder Mount