Proaim’s New BasePlate for ViewFinder
May 16, 2011
The Proaim DSLR View Finder is nothing new, and personally I would prefer the VF Prime or Seagull VF, but Proaim looks to have a ‘one-up’ on the competition. This morning I was turned onto a recent BasePlate addition to Proaim’s View Finder [Thanks Greg]. Looks like they’re the next in line to follow in the recent trend of converting all LCD View Finders over to baseplate mounts.
The BasePlate looks to be an all metal construction that still allows you to mount a Quick Release Plate underneath. The ViewFinder claims Anti-Fog coating on the lens, and a minimal Diopter for less than perfect vision. To get further correction, you can stack the extension frames between the LCD and View Finder. Can you see that small hole on the BasePlate? The Proaim viewfinder also comes with a short Aluminum Rod that you can use has a handle (probably not very functional).
If you’re wondering, it looks like a 3″ LCD View Finder, but for Canon T2i, T3i, and 60D owners who really want this setup expect to lose just a 1mm crop on each side (IF it can line up properly).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Tokina’s Latest 11-20mm F/2.8 Lens
- Barry on Tokina’s Latest 11-20mm F/2.8 Lens
- Ron Baselice on Tokina’s Latest 11-20mm F/2.8 Lens
- Emm on GH4 Sony A7s BMPCC DIY 3-Axis Gimbal Frame Kit for Small Cameras
- Efex on GH4 Sony A7s BMPCC DIY 3-Axis Gimbal Frame Kit for Small Cameras
- Emm on Varavon Birdycam2 3 Axis Gimbal FREE Battery Promotion
- VillageBoi on PVGear 3 Way 15mm Rod Base Plate for DSLR or Mirrorless Video Cameras
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s