The Proaim DSLR View Finder is nothing new, and personally I would prefer the VF Prime or Seagull VF, but Proaim looks to have a ‘one-up’ on the competition. This morning I was turned onto a recent BasePlate addition to Proaim’s View Finder [Thanks Greg]. Looks like they’re the next in line to follow in the recent trend of converting all LCD View Finders over to baseplate mounts.
The BasePlate looks to be an all metal construction that still allows you to mount a Quick Release Plate underneath. The ViewFinder claims Anti-Fog coating on the lens, and a minimal Diopter for less than perfect vision. To get further correction, you can stack the extension frames between the LCD and View Finder. Can you see that small hole on the BasePlate? The Proaim viewfinder also comes with a short Aluminum Rod that you can use has a handle (probably not very functional).
If you’re wondering, it looks like a 3″ LCD View Finder, but for Canon T2i, T3i, and 60D owners who really want this setup expect to lose just a 1mm crop on each side (IF it can line up properly).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- Michael Aers on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- David on Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Derrick on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- VanWeddings on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- apostolos on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case