PixelFlash 32GB 533x vs Transcend 32GB 400x
January 3, 2013
The PixelFlash company reached out to me stating that their 533x 32GB Compact Flash cards can outperform the Transcend Compact Flash cards and are available at around the same prices. I don’t want to just believe what’s written on a label, so I thought i’d give it a go with very a very basic, yet real world test by seeing how many RAW+JPEG images can be stored from the Canon 5D Mark III within a 30 second burst.
Although this may not be an accurate representation, I’ve also run a few Read/Write tests through a USB 3.0 card reader and using the Black Magic Disk Speed Test software. The results show the PixelFlash to be faster, and ’significantly’ faster in Read speeds.
Transcend 32GB 400x Compact Flash
PixelFlash 32GB 533x Compact Flash
For DSLR Video each of these cards will perform equally well since they can maintain the required speed necessary for HD Video. The benefits to a faster card are for higher than normal burst rates, or when dumping the footage back to your computer in a hurry.
Obviously I can’t speak on the longevity of these PixelFlash Compact Flash cards – only had them for about two weeks (no issues so far). I have looked through a few positive Amazon reviews (seen here) about the PixelFlash cards, but perhaps some of you are already using this brand? Also wanted to mention that they have a huge following via Twitter (check them out here), so there seems to be a good number of people aware of this brand for still photography.
So far my first impressions are good. This is a faster performing card for about the same price i’m paying now for slower cards. If things hold up well, this is a brand to keep an eye on as an alternative to the other affordable compact flash cards on the market.
You might also want to check out the PixelFlash ‘No-Bend Pin’ USB 3.0 Compact Flash Card Reader which claims to be wicked fast. Another indication this company is putting out some decent products, this No-Bend Pin card reader (at time of writing) has over 70 reviews rating nearly 5 stars. (Click Here).
PixelFlash No-Bend Pin USB 3.0 Compact Flash Card Reader
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- JH on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Tom on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- lolicht on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Steve on NikonHacker.com – Improving Nikon DSLRs
- Ant on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Rushdi Baharum on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- chaouchnabil on CAMETV 8000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Supports Large and Heavier Camera Systems
- Ivan on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor