When it comes to mounting accessories, it gets quite annoying when things start rotating around. Normally I use a rubber / neoprene washer under my hotshoe mounts, but for larger areas you can use something like Cork. I don’t really like the look of cork, so I went searching for another option. Here I ran into these inexpensive Neoprene adhesive sheets.
They are available in different sizes, but the ones I purchased come in 7″ x 3.5″. Very thin foam / rubbery material that cuts easy with plain scissors. If there are holes that need to be punched, I just used a sharp blade to trace it out. Placing this on something like the JuicedLink Bracket allows me to mount a quick release base plate adapter without having it shift around so much. I plan on using the material on my Glidecam / Flycam stages and Camera Crane as well.
These Neoprene sheets are normally used to silence (hunting) Bows, and are also available in much thicker padded versions and some with a Felt fabric overlay. Good for other DIY projects like PVC sliders.
Neoprene Peel Stick Padded Adhesive Sheets
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Andrew on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Kenji on Samsung NX1 4K Video Mirrorless Camera
- Luca on Control New Tascam DR-22WL DR-44WL Audio Recorders over Wi-Fi
- Will on Canon Announces new EOS 7D Mark II
- Emm on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Gordon Brown on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Alan on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors