When it comes to mounting accessories, it gets quite annoying when things start rotating around. Normally I use a rubber / neoprene washer under my hotshoe mounts, but for larger areas you can use something like Cork. I don’t really like the look of cork, so I went searching for another option. Here I ran into these inexpensive Neoprene adhesive sheets.
They are available in different sizes, but the ones I purchased come in 7″ x 3.5″. Very thin foam / rubbery material that cuts easy with plain scissors. If there are holes that need to be punched, I just used a sharp blade to trace it out. Placing this on something like the JuicedLink Bracket allows me to mount a quick release base plate adapter without having it shift around so much. I plan on using the material on my Glidecam / Flycam stages and Camera Crane as well.
These Neoprene sheets are normally used to silence (hunting) Bows, and are also available in much thicker padded versions and some with a Felt fabric overlay. Good for other DIY projects like PVC sliders.
Neoprene Peel Stick Padded Adhesive Sheets
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- getem on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- ak on NEW: Kamerar QV-1 LCD View Finder Kit (QB-15 Quick Base)
- Emm on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Adali on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- K C on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Dennis L. Sørensen on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Steve on Cinegear 2014 – Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 GH4 Cameras
- Robert_Ob on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds