Peel Stick NeoPrene Sheets
January 30, 2012
When it comes to mounting accessories, it gets quite annoying when things start rotating around. Normally I use a rubber / neoprene washer under my hotshoe mounts, but for larger areas you can use something like Cork. I don’t really like the look of cork, so I went searching for another option. Here I ran into these inexpensive Neoprene adhesive sheets.
They are available in different sizes, but the ones I purchased come in 7″ x 3.5″. Very thin foam / rubbery material that cuts easy with plain scissors. If there are holes that need to be punched, I just used a sharp blade to trace it out. Placing this on something like the JuicedLink Bracket allows me to mount a quick release base plate adapter without having it shift around so much. I plan on using the material on my Glidecam / Flycam stages and Camera Crane as well.
These Neoprene sheets are normally used to silence (hunting) Bows, and are also available in much thicker padded versions and some with a Felt fabric overlay. Good for other DIY projects like PVC sliders.
Neoprene Peel Stick Padded Adhesive Sheets
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate
- Rob S. on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate
- Robert on Best Video Monopod Sirui vs Benro vs Manfrotto
- Enrique on 650 watt Lighting Kit Review – ‘As Arri’
- Cassius on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate
- Craig on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate
- Steve Rawlins on Z1 Rider GoPro HERO3 HERO4 Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Mounted on Audio Boom Pole
- OldCorpse on Best Video Monopod Sirui vs Benro vs Manfrotto