Peel Stick NeoPrene Sheets
January 30, 2012
When it comes to mounting accessories, it gets quite annoying when things start rotating around. Normally I use a rubber / neoprene washer under my hotshoe mounts, but for larger areas you can use something like Cork. I don’t really like the look of cork, so I went searching for another option. Here I ran into these inexpensive Neoprene adhesive sheets.
They are available in different sizes, but the ones I purchased come in 7″ x 3.5″. Very thin foam / rubbery material that cuts easy with plain scissors. If there are holes that need to be punched, I just used a sharp blade to trace it out. Placing this on something like the JuicedLink Bracket allows me to mount a quick release base plate adapter without having it shift around so much. I plan on using the material on my Glidecam / Flycam stages and Camera Crane as well.
These Neoprene sheets are normally used to silence (hunting) Bows, and are also available in much thicker padded versions and some with a Felt fabric overlay. Good for other DIY projects like PVC sliders.
Neoprene Peel Stick Padded Adhesive Sheets
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Carlos Martinez on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video
- Derek McCabe on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Alex on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Dan K. on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Scott on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Todd on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Emm on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Stu Morgan on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples