Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000 4K Compact Camera
June 12, 2014
By now you’ve all probably heard about Panasonic’s latest DMC-FZ1000 4K capable Bridge point-and-shoot camera with a 16X HYBRID O.I.S. 5-Axis Image Stabilized Zoom lens. There is definitely some amazing features packed into this camera, enough to maybe have Sony RX10 owners thinking about an upgrade.
Aside from the amazing quality i’m sure we’ll get from Panasonic the bright F/2.8-4.0 lens should be good in low light and help defocus the background. I’m also happy to see they didn’t leave out the microphone input. Seems like a great all around camera for run-gun coverage or for travel.
At 4K (UHD) resolution you’re limited to just 30fps, but at 1080p you have 24, 30, and 60fps great for slo-mo. Additionally, high speed video recording is possible with sensor output frame rates of 120 fps, 240 fps, and 360 fps (at lower resolutions). At this time not many cameras can record directly to SD media cards, especially under $1K so I think Panasonic has another winner here. Long list of features over at the B&H product page (click here).
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000 4K 16X OIS Zoom Compact Camera
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Daniel on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- andy zou on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Joey on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Nick on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Jack D. on DIY Retractable Compact Camera Holster Hand Held Stabilizer
- bart on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC