By now you’ve all probably heard about Panasonic’s latest DMC-FZ1000 4K capable Bridge point-and-shoot camera with a 16X HYBRID O.I.S. 5-Axis Image Stabilized Zoom lens. There is definitely some amazing features packed into this camera, enough to maybe have Sony RX10 owners thinking about an upgrade.
Aside from the amazing quality i’m sure we’ll get from Panasonic the bright F/2.8-4.0 lens should be good in low light and help defocus the background. I’m also happy to see they didn’t leave out the microphone input. Seems like a great all around camera for run-gun coverage or for travel.
At 4K (UHD) resolution you’re limited to just 30fps, but at 1080p you have 24, 30, and 60fps great for slo-mo. Additionally, high speed video recording is possible with sensor output frame rates of 120 fps, 240 fps, and 360 fps (at lower resolutions). At this time not many cameras can record directly to SD media cards, especially under $1K so I think Panasonic has another winner here. Long list of features over at the B&H product page (click here).
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000 4K 16X OIS Zoom Compact Camera
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Bobby on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Joseph on Great Savings on Sennheiser Wireless Mic Systems
- Emm on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- pixcanfly on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Annette on Canon Camera Money Piggy Bank
- Dan on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Brian on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Tery Wilson on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?