Panasonic GH3 with 12-35mm F/2.8 Moisture Resistant
March 16, 2013
Shot this a while back, but I thought I’d share one experience I had while visiting a rain forest exhibit. Temperature was cold outside and then stepping into the exhibit the camera immediately fogged up. Even though I wiped the lens down, it continued to fog up. It actually took about 15 minutes before the gear acclimated to the right temperature. This all happened before I was able to take these photos (seen here).
I’ve worked with cheaper non resistant lenses and the moisture can actually get INSIDE of the lens. Once that happens you’ll need to go through some steps to get that moisture out, which is not easy. Moral of the story is to know what you’ll be getting into and bring the right gear. The GH3 body has been redesigned to be more weather resistant and i’m using the 12-35mm F/2.8 Dust and Moisture resistant lens.
Panasonic 12-35mm F/2.8 Lens
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Carlos Martinez on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video
- Derek McCabe on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Alex on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Dan K. on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO
- Scott on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Todd on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Emm on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Stu Morgan on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples