Panasonic GH3 with 12-35mm F/2.8 Moisture Resistant
March 16, 2013
Shot this a while back, but I thought I’d share one experience I had while visiting a rain forest exhibit. Temperature was cold outside and then stepping into the exhibit the camera immediately fogged up. Even though I wiped the lens down, it continued to fog up. It actually took about 15 minutes before the gear acclimated to the right temperature. This all happened before I was able to take these photos (seen here).
I’ve worked with cheaper non resistant lenses and the moisture can actually get INSIDE of the lens. Once that happens you’ll need to go through some steps to get that moisture out, which is not easy. Moral of the story is to know what you’ll be getting into and bring the right gear. The GH3 body has been redesigned to be more weather resistant and i’m using the 12-35mm F/2.8 Dust and Moisture resistant lens.
Panasonic 12-35mm F/2.8 Lens
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Apostolos on Just Announced: Sony 16-35mm & 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II Vario-Sonnar T* Lenses