Panasonic Battery Grip for Lumix DMC-GH3 Digital Camera
January 3, 2013
One of the exciting accessories Panasonic has brought with the new GH3 is an official battery grip. Since the new Panasonic DMC-GH3 is targeting more professional shooters, they are offering this Panasonic Battery Grip for Lumix DMC-GH3 Digital Camera (found here). Finally, longer run times with dual batteries, but it comes with a near $300 dollar price tag.
The grip attaches under the Panasonic DMC-GH3 camera body and uses an 18 pin connection for communication. One neat feature is that the original battery door can remain on the camera, so you can quickly move from ‘gripped’ body to ‘non-gripped’ body simply by unscrewing the grip.
The grip can only house one battery, so if you’re looking for additional run-time you would leave one battery in the camera body and one in the battery grip. This will take just a few seconds more to swap out the internal battery, but nothing overly cumbersome for the benefit of more battery life. Note: If you only plan to run one battery, it can be store either in the camera or in the grip, and the camera will still power on.
The grip will add a bit more balance to the Panasonic DMC-GH3 along with some quick function buttons, and scroll wheels when holding in portrait orientation. Mostly photographers will benefit from a grip like this, but video shooters looking for more area to grip on the small camera, or looking to double their battery life will find this a must have also. Price is high on this grip, but let’s hope there are more affordable aftermarket versions available soon.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Jeep66 on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Tirmu on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Jim on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- earnestreply on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Nathan on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- Dodger on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage