Panasonic Battery Grip for Lumix DMC-GH3 Digital Camera
January 3, 2013
One of the exciting accessories Panasonic has brought with the new GH3 is an official battery grip. Since the new Panasonic DMC-GH3 is targeting more professional shooters, they are offering this Panasonic Battery Grip for Lumix DMC-GH3 Digital Camera (found here). Finally, longer run times with dual batteries, but it comes with a near $300 dollar price tag.
The grip attaches under the Panasonic DMC-GH3 camera body and uses an 18 pin connection for communication. One neat feature is that the original battery door can remain on the camera, so you can quickly move from ‘gripped’ body to ‘non-gripped’ body simply by unscrewing the grip.
The grip can only house one battery, so if you’re looking for additional run-time you would leave one battery in the camera body and one in the battery grip. This will take just a few seconds more to swap out the internal battery, but nothing overly cumbersome for the benefit of more battery life. Note: If you only plan to run one battery, it can be store either in the camera or in the grip, and the camera will still power on.
The grip will add a bit more balance to the Panasonic DMC-GH3 along with some quick function buttons, and scroll wheels when holding in portrait orientation. Mostly photographers will benefit from a grip like this, but video shooters looking for more area to grip on the small camera, or looking to double their battery life will find this a must have also. Price is high on this grip, but let’s hope there are more affordable aftermarket versions available soon.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Daniel on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- andy zou on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Joey on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Nick on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Jack D. on DIY Retractable Compact Camera Holster Hand Held Stabilizer
- bart on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC