Overview of Gini GH2 Video Cage
May 3, 2012
Here’s a (fairly lengthy) look at the Gini Rigs GH2 cage that provides all the cut outs to view controls and still have access to different ports around the camera. It looks like it’s cut out to allow the LCD to still swing out also. No doubt it’s high quality stuff, but there’s been mixed complaints about the threading used on these cages as they may not be 1/4×20 accessible, but looking through the top area of the cage there seems to be different sized holes and threads. Maybe the new cages are supporting 1/4×20?
Still waiting to hear back from YouTube member feha1000 about that question, or if anyone else can chime in about a recent Gini Cage purchase. [Update] Here’s the reply:
About 20 1/4″ threads are on the top plate only the res M5 threads , and yes they work well with friction arms
Find more information on the Gini GH2 cage and other rigs following the link via eBay (click here).
Gini Panasonic GH2 Video Cage
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on FotoDiox Shark Camera Cage for Sony A7R II Sony A7s II GH4 Samsung NX1
- Sarah on Editing Tip: DIY Slim Hard Drive Mount to Laptop using Sticky Dash Mat
- Hayden on FotoDiox Shark Camera Cage for Sony A7R II Sony A7s II GH4 Samsung NX1
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Emm on 4K Video with the GoPro HERO4
- Ronn on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Trooper408 on 4K Video with the GoPro HERO4