Nice little insight on Nikon’s latest ‘1 series’ Mirrorless cameras that they were trying to drum the press up about. I guess they are basing everything around the number ‘1′ because of the 1″ sensor size. Sounds great when you say it’s 4 times the size of most point and shoot sensors, not so great to say it’s about half the size of a Micro Four Thirds.
I do like the fact that Nikon took a step back to a 10MP sensor instead of trying to keep up with the MegaPixel race. Lower megapixels normally translates to better low light quality. Seems like all Nikon 1 series cameras are sold with at least one lens, or offered in a two lens kit. They’ve got some interesting little optic ranges including a 10mm prime.
The new Nikon Mirrorless camera listings can already be found via Amazon, and even though this video answers some great questions, there are more detailed specs and features of the Nikon V1 and J1 found in the listings (click here).
Nikon Mirrorless 1 J1 and V1 cameras Kit Lens bundles
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Southerndude on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Antz on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- PATRICK LOCKERMAN on Proaim’s New BasePlate for ViewFinder
- Saskatoon Wedding Films on News Release: Libec New for NAB 2014 ALLEX Tripod + Head + Slider
- Emm on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Emm on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Danny Schmidt on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Daniel Hughes on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus