Nikon’s Latest Mirrorless Camera
September 21, 2011
Nice little insight on Nikon’s latest ‘1 series’ Mirrorless cameras that they were trying to drum the press up about. I guess they are basing everything around the number ‘1’ because of the 1″ sensor size. Sounds great when you say it’s 4 times the size of most point and shoot sensors, not so great to say it’s about half the size of a Micro Four Thirds.
I do like the fact that Nikon took a step back to a 10MP sensor instead of trying to keep up with the MegaPixel race. Lower megapixels normally translates to better low light quality. Seems like all Nikon 1 series cameras are sold with at least one lens, or offered in a two lens kit. They’ve got some interesting little optic ranges including a 10mm prime.
The new Nikon Mirrorless camera listings can already be found via Amazon, and even though this video answers some great questions, there are more detailed specs and features of the Nikon V1 and J1 found in the listings (click here).
Nikon Mirrorless 1 J1 and V1 cameras Kit Lens bundles
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Tery Wilson on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Alex on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Gordon on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Digital Dub on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- JKPinPDX on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Hawkeye Pierce on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Barry on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording