Nikon’s Latest Mirrorless Camera
September 21, 2011
Nice little insight on Nikon’s latest ‘1 series’ Mirrorless cameras that they were trying to drum the press up about. I guess they are basing everything around the number ‘1′ because of the 1″ sensor size. Sounds great when you say it’s 4 times the size of most point and shoot sensors, not so great to say it’s about half the size of a Micro Four Thirds.
I do like the fact that Nikon took a step back to a 10MP sensor instead of trying to keep up with the MegaPixel race. Lower megapixels normally translates to better low light quality. Seems like all Nikon 1 series cameras are sold with at least one lens, or offered in a two lens kit. They’ve got some interesting little optic ranges including a 10mm prime.
The new Nikon Mirrorless camera listings can already be found via Amazon, and even though this video answers some great questions, there are more detailed specs and features of the Nikon V1 and J1 found in the listings (click here).
Nikon Mirrorless 1 J1 and V1 cameras Kit Lens bundles
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Apostolos on AmazonBasics are More Affordable AA Rechargeable Batteries over Sanyo Eneloop
- Emm on Studio Assets PXB PORTABLE BACKGROUND SYSTEM
- Lainol on Studio Assets PXB PORTABLE BACKGROUND SYSTEM
- Emm on Stream Wireless Video from Canon DSLR to HDMI Monitor with $30 Dollar Google Chromecast
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Trey on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Blake on Tiyaga MiniGimbal Tips Inverted Mode, Briefcase Mode, and Gimbal Stands
- Jim on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack