Nikon D4 Full Frame Uncompressed Video Out
January 6, 2012
Engadget just posted an article about the new Nikon D4, and it looks like a true winner. [Thanks Alex] A full frame camera that goes toe to toe with Canon’s (unreleased) 1Dx, with built in Ethernet that can transmit photos or can be controlled remotely via a web browser. Wifi capable, and the most important thing for video shooters – uncompressed video output to capture to an external device. Estimated price $6K which is cheaper than Canon’s 1Dx estimated price. Let’s hope they don’t fail by not providing FULL manual video controls. Check out more of the specs and a video over at Engadget.com (click here).
B&H has also published a product listing that verifies the new price (found here) and estimated release date (earlier than the 1Dx), along with an article for the Nikon D4 announcement with some other interesting insights (click here).
Nikon’s higher end cameras tend to stay out of stock once they become available. If you’re a Nikon guy who’s already sold on the spec sheet, Adorama is already taking pre-orders (click here).
Nikon D4 Pre-Order via Adorama
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Marcus on RodeLink FIlmmaker Wireless Lavalier Microphone Audio System Review and Distance Test
- bestavi on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- josh miller on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- eddie on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- Bobby Washington on Big Balance Gimbals – PhotoPLus Expo 2014
- John M on NAB 2015 Dracast PLUS Series LED Light Panels
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Emm on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers