Earlier this year Wondlan released a Carbon Fiber Stabilizer that doubled as a short monopod when you’re not running around. A neat idea, but so far we haven’t seen any real solid tests of perfect flight capabilities. Now Wondlan throws in a much smaller unit made from Aluminum to support cameras in the same range as a Glidecam HD1000 (found here).
There’s a few image comparisons between their larger Carbon Monopod / Stabilizer and new Mini Stabilizer fully extended and collapsed. Wondlan makes some pretty cool products with good build quailty, but this Mini Stabilizer is being offered for slightly more than a Glidecam HD1000. For such a small unit, it’s even priced more than Flycam’s new Carbon C5 Stabilizer (here).
My advise is to just go with what works, and has been proven for many years. I honestly don’t see anything new being brought to the table here, so why jack up prices? If you’re curious to see more images and specs, the new Wondlan Mini Stabilizer can be found online (click here).
Wondlan Mini Stabilizer
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- James on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- fugenie on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Roger Palmer on FotoDiox Excell+1 Nikon or Canon FD ‘Boosted’ Adapter
- Lee on PDMovie Remote Air Wireless Remote Follow Focus
- Aron J Anderson on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- FabDex on Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Solid State Deal
- Emm on Review: Laing X-15 Vest Arm kit with Laing P-04 Video Stabilizer