Earlier this year Wondlan released a Carbon Fiber Stabilizer that doubled as a short monopod when you’re not running around. A neat idea, but so far we haven’t seen any real solid tests of perfect flight capabilities. Now Wondlan throws in a much smaller unit made from Aluminum to support cameras in the same range as a Glidecam HD1000 (found here).
There’s a few image comparisons between their larger Carbon Monopod / Stabilizer and new Mini Stabilizer fully extended and collapsed. Wondlan makes some pretty cool products with good build quailty, but this Mini Stabilizer is being offered for slightly more than a Glidecam HD1000. For such a small unit, it’s even priced more than Flycam’s new Carbon C5 Stabilizer (here).
My advise is to just go with what works, and has been proven for many years. I honestly don’t see anything new being brought to the table here, so why jack up prices? If you’re curious to see more images and specs, the new Wondlan Mini Stabilizer can be found online (click here).
Wondlan Mini Stabilizer
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Kyle Gordon on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Jesse Brauning on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Emm on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Apostolos on NAB 2014: Libec ALLEX Tripod Slider Fluid Head Kit
- Juan Pinalez on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Lorenzo on Running Wires through CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal + Project Box Cover
- Steve Ellington on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- J Toha on F&V Spectra HD4 4.3″ Pro EVF LCD w/ HDMI SDI Loop Through and Conversion