Opteka throws in a new Video Camera stabilizer with a fully adjustable top stage and upgraded 3 axis gimbal. Looks pretty similar to the Steadicam Merlin. The lower weights (stainless steel?) look almost exactly like the ones used in a real Steadicam Merlin (seen here), and the specs say it can handle up to 5lbs of camera.
Unlike the Merlin, it does not appear to fold up, but adds an adjustable front counterbalance weight. Of course nobody should expect the build quality to be up to par with a real Steadicam Merlin, but how well will this new stabilizer actually perform? The Steadicam Merlin will run you about $800 dollars (click here), and the new Opteka SteadyVid Pro runs just under $180 (click here).
Opteka SteadyVid Pro Video Stabilizer
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jimmy on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Barry on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Soike on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Kase on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Arturo on Huge Discounts on Edelkrone Modula Systems