When Four thirds or Micro Four thirds cameras were first announced, they were quite limited in native Auto Focus lenses. Sure you can adapt other lenses, but the size and speed of having an actual four thirds lens can’t be substituted. In the last few years, the MFT camera lineups have grown and so has the availability of different lenses.
Two new micro 4/3 Prime lenses that people are anxious to grab is the new 12mm F/2.0 (about 24mm) and the 45mm F/1.8 (about 90mm). If you’re not too familiar, these lenses also work on the Panasonic GH1, GH2, GF2, G3 type cameras. It’s all Micro Four Thirds. These new lenses fill in some of the gaps that have been missing in the lens lineups, and further reiterate that small mirrorless cameras are in demand. (Rumor is that Canon already has one in the pipeline).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- joots on F&V BlackMagic Cinema Camera Cage – BMCC Cage
- Emm on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer – New Folding Design
- Matthew on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer – New Folding Design
- Bruce Lemieux on Panasonic DMC-LX100 4K Compact Camera In Stock
- sonu on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Han on Sony RX100 Mark II Portable Macro Setup
- earl studios on Canon EOS 7D Mark II 1080p 60
- Bob Peak on Magic Carpet – Camera Slider + Motion Control