New Fotga DSLR Follow Focus
July 6, 2011
While the RJ Follow Focus prices have been inflating, and the orders are on very long waiting lists, another Follow Focus system appears. These auctions appeared to have been listed yesterday, so fairly new stuff here. A smart design using a riser to make sure you’re hitting all the right spots on your lens gear unlike the other low profile FF’s.
Designed to mount using 15mm (60mm center to center) industry standard rods, which is basically everything under the sun including Gini DSLR Rigs (you’ll need a set of rails). The gears ‘look’ standard, but no mention if it’s the same as the RJ. [Update] Someone caught printed on the drive gear: M0.8 – 43T, and that’s the most popular standard to turn most lens gears. This is really looking like an FF to get. The design does not look like the gears can be reversible, if that’s a big thing for you. So if you’ve been on the hold for a cheap FF, or want to add a second FF on your rig for the Zoom ring, here’s another option. Glad to see more of these budget FF’s showing up. More images and information can be found at the store (click here).
Can be mounted on inexpensive Gini DSLR Rigs
Gini DSLR Rig Stabilizer Kits
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC