Another reason why you’re not seeing too many DIY Follow Focus projects anymore, here’s another new and cheaper follow focus system listed on the market. Doesn’t look pretty but the listing claims it’s made of aluminum (mostly anodized black), ABS, and rubber. Comes with a quick release 15mm clamp style mount and universal lens gear.
With the quick release style clamp, It can be mounted on both left and right side of the camera, but the gear on the box is also reversible. It also has both vertical and horizontal height adjustments, overall a decent feature set retailing for only $88 dollars. Obviously it all boils down to how effective the gearbox is in the FF, but you can find more images and information via eBay (Click Here).
Cheap 15mm Quick Release Follow Focus
Keep in mind you’ll still need a basic set of 15mm Rails to mount. Your basic set should include two 15mm Rods, a Camera Baseplate (to mount your camera), and a Tripod Mount (to attach the rails to your fluid head) – like this basic set (found here).
15mm Rails Camera Baseplate and Tripod Mount
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Rob S. on Save -$185 OFF Zoom Q2HD Handy Video Recorder just $64.95
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- A.Matos on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Arnaud on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- stevep on Dual Operator Setup Idea for BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras
- Emm on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Mark on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Koichi Sakaguchi on Dual Operator Setup Idea for BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras