Another reason why you’re not seeing too many DIY Follow Focus projects anymore, here’s another new and cheaper follow focus system listed on the market. Doesn’t look pretty but the listing claims it’s made of aluminum (mostly anodized black), ABS, and rubber. Comes with a quick release 15mm clamp style mount and universal lens gear.
With the quick release style clamp, It can be mounted on both left and right side of the camera, but the gear on the box is also reversible. It also has both vertical and horizontal height adjustments, overall a decent feature set retailing for only $88 dollars. Obviously it all boils down to how effective the gearbox is in the FF, but you can find more images and information via eBay (Click Here).
Cheap 15mm Quick Release Follow Focus
Keep in mind you’ll still need a basic set of 15mm Rails to mount. Your basic set should include two 15mm Rods, a Camera Baseplate (to mount your camera), and a Tripod Mount (to attach the rails to your fluid head) – like this basic set (found here).
15mm Rails Camera Baseplate and Tripod Mount
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Sara on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Aberracus on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Southerndude on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Scott S on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Marc olo on NAB 2014: Big Balance Handheld Gimbal Stabilizers
- Cheese Cadet on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs