Mounting Kamerar QV-1 to Fhugen GH3 Video Cage – DIY
January 18, 2014
Ok, before you continue trying to tackle this project, i’d like to point out that Kamerar will be releasing a new baseplate for the QV-1 LCD View Finder. This new baseplate will allow the QV-1 to fit better with smaller camera systems – which will render this DIY useless for many.
Now because I don’t have an exact ETA on when this new baseplate will be released, this project could be useful for the time being. If you already have the Fhugen GH3 cage here’s one way to get the inexpensive QV-1 LCD View Finder mounted.
Mounting the baseplate of the QV-1 directly to one of the tripod mounts will not align properly, but it will if you use the actual camera mounting screw to hold both in place.
The Kamerar QV-1 can actually dock directly with a Manfrotto 501PL compatible quick release baseplate or directly to a compatible tripod head (see it in action here). Another benefit is that the QV-1 is offered with a baseplate and set of 15mm rails, so you can now add a follow focus to your setup.
Of course if you’re using another system, you can directly attach another QR plate underneath the QV-1 base through one of the threaded mounts. You can find out more about these products at http://PNCGear.com
Fhugen GH3 Cage
Kamerar QV-1 LCD ViewFinder
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Jeep66 on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Tirmu on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Jim on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- earnestreply on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Nathan on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- Dodger on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage