Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs
March 19, 2012
Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Kevin on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Howard on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Derek McCabe on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- sept on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- dave on CAME-TV CAME-MINI 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Michael on Z1 Rider GoPro HERO3 HERO4 Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Mounted on Audio Boom Pole
- Emm on Kingjoy VT-3510 55 Dollar Video Head with Manfrotto 501 QR Compatible Plate