Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs
March 19, 2012
Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Casey on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Connor on 9.Solutions Innovative Support Rigging Products Finally Available
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime