Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs
March 19, 2012
Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Casey Ryan on Varavon Wire Cam Demo Video
- pablogrollan on Varavon Wire Cam Demo Video
- mad on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- Will on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Southerndude on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Colin on Cheesycam Group Buy – Varavon BMPCC Armor Cage + 15mm Rod Kit + External Battery Power Bundle
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- AO&JO Photography on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers