Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs
March 19, 2012
Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- vincent on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- M. Sirgany on Fixing Random Hot or Dead Pixels
- Dez on DJI Ronin DIY Gimbal Support BackPack $90 Dollars or Less
- Marlon on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Dimitris on 1000w Lighting – Don’t try this at home
- Steve on Sony DSC-RX10 II 4K Video Camera Now In Stock
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage