Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on LCD Sunhoods ViewFinders EVF Monitors
- Rich on DIY : Gopro Hero 3 Black with External Canon LP-E6 Canon Battery
- Dale on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- CameraRick on LCD Sunhoods ViewFinders EVF Monitors
- Emm on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Randall on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Emm on Seetec / Scope 3.5″ EVF Loupe
- Emm on SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Card for 4K Video Recording