Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs
March 19, 2012
Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- bart on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Howard on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Dustin on Convert Old Sony NPF L Series or LP-E6 Chargers to External Battery Power for Sony A7s etc
- Victor on REMOVU R1 Live View Remote for GoPro HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
- Jim on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- wideofilmowanie lublin on REMOVU R1 Live View Remote for GoPro HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
- Dragan Bozorovic on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit