Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs
March 19, 2012
Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC