Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs
March 19, 2012
Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Alex Talis on Panasonic GH4 4K Camera $-200 OFF
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Petter Sand on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- AO&JO Photography on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Taylor on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers