Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs
March 19, 2012
Seen above is a really basic DSLR rig. Two rods, follow focus, front handle, rear shoulder pad, and top handle. Most rigs you find on the market will have just basic rails and clamps so you can build different shapes depending on your needs. Looking at a standard rig from any manufacturer like Zacuto, Cinevate, Express35, Gini, etc. etc., they don’t really offer much as far as mounting an LED light, Portable Audio Recorder, LCD monitor, or Microphone.
I have a video that i’ll be posting up soon about a new product that I think some people will find quite interesting, but before posting up, I wanted to see how you guys are mounting additional accessories to your rigs. So, are you adding more clamps? More rods? A cage bracket? Let me know..
[Update] If you happened upon this article, i’ve announced the new product here: http://cheesycam.com/new-gear-pc-15mm-dslr-rig-swiss-rods/
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera