Motorized Electronic Remote Follow Focus
May 31, 2012
If you’re looking to do some remote focus pulling, the wireless systems can be a bit ‘finicky’. A Wired electronic remote follow focus system works with a long cable so the camera operator can move about, and the puller can control focus with a remote video screen. This particular one (above) uses a basic ‘3.5mm stereo’ cable for the remote tether. Looking back at some of the older videos, this new electronic follow focus has been a work in progress for at least several months. The final version finally has shown up on eBay with what looks like a similar beefy servo as in the Jag35 kit and starts at only $199 (seen here).
The video above has the Servo mounted on the stiff Zoom ring (not focus ring) to showcase it’s strength. There are two different versions available. One with a A/B programmable focus points, and one is just a basic electronic follow focus. The speed of the movement can be adjusted on the remote as well. There’s a few other videos showing the effectiveness of programmed A/B stops, and a closer look at the Remote (keep in mind that’s the older version ff) on the eBay page (click here).
GT35Pro Electronic Wired Remote DSLR Follow Focus
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- Emm on SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x Anamorphic Lens Adapter with Sony RX10 Mark II
- Jeremy Dulac on SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x Anamorphic Lens Adapter with Sony RX10 Mark II
- Ivar on Quick Tip Pop Up Diffusion for LED Lighting – Use a White Hamper
- alex on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Tex Willer on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- David on Quick Tip Pop Up Diffusion for LED Lighting – Use a White Hamper
- Oz on Benro S2 S4 Video Head and New Video Monopods